MA-153.032009: MyCERT Special Alert - Adobe Acrobat getIcon() Stack Overflow Vulnerability
- upgrade your Adobe Reader to 9.1. It can be downloaded from this URL : http://get.adobe.com/reader/
- if you are not able to upgrade the Adobe Reader, use alternative softwares
- do not open the attachment received by email from unknown sender or author
MA-152.032009: MyCERT Special Alert - Adobe Reader and Acrobat JBIG2 Encoded Stream Heap Overflow Vulnerability
- Upgrade to Adobe Reader 9.1. It can be downloaded from this URL : http://get.adobe.com/reader/
- If user is not able to upgrade the Adobe Reader, it is advisable to do the followings:
- Open PDF files with least privilege to limit the execution of the malicious file.
- Do not open attachment received via email from unknown person or unexpected.
- Apply the latest Microsoft Windows updates
- Apply the latest antivirus signatures and updates.
- Browse the Internet with least privilege user to limit the execution of the malicious file.
- Do not open questionable email attachments and/or browse to unknown websites received via email from unknown person or received email unexpectedly.
More information - http://www.mycert.org.my/en/services/advisories/mycert/2009/main/index.html